5/9/10

Progress!

The geo-narrative is coming along well! So far I have drafted my story (just need some editing) and taken my images. So currently I'm editing my images and mocking up a short video. I would like to build a couple of basic websites relevant to the story, however, I may condense these to blogs given my limited time allowance and other work commitments.

Rather than take a more full on zombie apocalypse story I decided to take a step back and make something a little more mysterious. I'm not going to go into huge detail and ruin the story but I tried to make a few connections, references early on which on make sense when you get the whole picture. I really hope some of the extra content, videos and blogs, etc. will help expand the narrative.

As far as technical progress, so far building the geo-narrative has been quite simple. The google maps interface doesn't take much learning. There are a couple of feature that would be handy, primarily, stringing placemarks together with a line without having to create a new line icon. However, these are all menial disruptions. Editing the images should be fairly painless as should video. Building other media does take time though, as mentioned, I believe I can make some effort and hopefully keep authenticity to a believable standard.

Back to work

0 comments:

Post a Comment