5/20/10

Everything that has a begining has an end...

So I am now wrapping up my networked media unit with this final little blog post. I must admit this has been my favourite class of my first semester at uni, but what have I learned? I think really the most valuable lesson to be learned is that of the power of networked media. The more connections that you attach to your message the the richer it becomes.

With that in mind, how has my blog benefited from networked media?

To be honest not overly;

however I do understand why. I came into this unit assuming that there was some kind of army of social recluses who read all the blogs on the internet. This obviously isn't true; you have to stand out. My shortcoming was my belief that a nicely designed blog would be enough to encourage people to read. If I was to do it again I would definitely include more quick content. Rather than heavy blocks of text, photos and videos to grab people's attention and links to easily show what my interests are. Also some sort of facebook integration would be handy to channel some more traffic.

What was my valuable content?

2/18/10: Entering the blogosphere.

Understanding my interests and technology in an off-line state.


3/21/10: Perfect time to hit the blogs

Uploading and adapting my interests and ideas to an online world.


4/9/10: Love that site

Experiencing and understanding the full potential of networked media.



These three stages are reflective of my progress and understanding of networked media. I know use a collaboration of networked media platforms as a self promotional tools for my music works. I also use other platforms to advance and escalate my creativity and technique. For me, networked media is an invaluable resource.

0 comments:

Post a Comment