3/21/10

Perfect time to hit the blogs

I'm becoming slightly nocturnal,
maybe it's the not having early lectures,
the amazing univibes parties,
my DJing,
homework,
or my fascination with Keanau Reeves the insomniac hacker in the matrix
but it's working ok so far.

Instead of attending skyfire this year, along with 98% of Canberra's underage drinking population, I hit a crazy house party come music festival come night of mayhem. Organised by the amazing crew at Univibes (working out of the ANU) they had three stages of music, DJs, Live bands, circus acts, VJs and enough lights and speakers to fuel the 100s of people who showed. Truly a marvel of a night. Local music producers paqman and shifty business were a highlight. One of the best things was the atmosphere, it was a pretty small place which helped make it feel safe but also brought the craziness you can only get at house parties.

Hopefully I can relate this night somehow into my web page, I did pick up a few new tricks off the DJs and it really showed how much you can do with such a small area. Another great part of the experience is how the party worked well with the law, by starting at midday and only going till midnight the neighbours stayed (mostly) happy and I got a good nights sleep before work this morning. Great idea!

Next week you will be hearing about my finished web page, I might even send it live if I find an appropriate web space. Expect a feature length instalment of all the ins and outs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment