3/7/10

Project A

My work on CSS and html has been continuing this week and it's starting to sink in. Using CSS has actually been really helpful for creating my multi-page design. By referencing the same style sheet I can make each page formatted the same and use div tags whenever I need a specific design aspect.

So now it's coming down to ideas on content, sharing my ideas in an interesting and easy to understand way. To start with I'm going to break it down into various sections and subsections. If I have time, subsections further.

Example of sitemap:

-Home Page
-Sights
-Lighting - DMX512
- lightings software
- types of lights
-Video - live video mixing (VJs)
- visulisations
-Decor - festival decor
- nightclub decor
- house parties
- Fashion - Dance fashion
- Club vs Festival vs Concert

-Sounds
-Dance music genres
- Music Production - synthesisers
- Live music - performance styles
- performance software
- technology

-My Exploits
-current fascinations
- links to/ examples of work
- current tech
- future prospects and goals
- link to blog


This design should hopefully allow people not only to find out what I'm doing but also where I'm coming from. Although it would be great to have a one-stop all inclusive package, I think providing links to information across the web will be better suited to my needs. A lot of the attention will be focused on my current forays, using the other info as a reference in understanding my direction. Most people are confused when I try explain why I buy so much technology, maybe I'll hook a few people into my fascinations along the way. The more I work on this task the more I'm starting to enjoy it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment