3/13/10

wk5

time passes
time passes

It's all sinking in now,
blogs,
css / html,
the internet,
time,
space,
etc.

I'm mostly focussing on content at the moment, getting that website up to scratch, but lets review.

-Semantics
As we know there are many ways of achieving things in code, I would say there is no right or wrong way but there is semantics. Semantics make your website better presented under the skin, not only that, but they are important for anyone that wishes to go back and change things later. A web designer who has used semantics in their coding can easily change any number of formatting variable with ease as opposed to spending hours ctrl+ving "size = "14".

-CSS
CSS saved my life. I cringe at the mess my website would be if I were hand coding everything. The fact that I can format all my pages in exactly the same way without clogging the html with masses of code is great. I have 1 line referencing the CSS at the start of the html and I'm set. If I need anything specific I just need to call on my trusty div tag.

-Censorship
The government's plan for a censorship firewall is bogus estimates say that it will slow down broadband speeds by at least 30%! Australia already has one of the lowest average broadband speeds in the developed world. If the government wants Australia to stay competitive in a digital world ISP censorship is a big no no.

Now that I've had my little spiel on that I'm getting back to some real work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment